Affordable Auto Insurance Options in North Carolina
We can help you find affordable auto insurance in North Carolina. We have worked hard to build out our network of insurance agents who are ready to help you pick the right insurance policy for your budget.
What is the Minimum Car Insurance in North Carolina State?
If you are not sure what is the minimum auto insurance in North Carolina, here is some basic information for you:
- Bodily Injury: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident.
- Property damage: $10,000.
- Uninsured motorist: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident.
- Uninsured motorist property damage: $10,000 per accident.
- Personal injury protection: $10,000 per accident.
These are just the minimum required coverages, but we recommend you purchase higher limits to ensure you are adequately protected in case of an accident. Talk to your local agent to discuss what other coverages you may need to protect yourself, your family, and your vehicle.
Talk to your agent about higher coverages and comprehensive & collision coverage protecting your car.
The most common and new North Carolina state insurance laws:
Get Your North Carolina Driver’s Licenses
New residents in North Carolina need to get a state driver’s license within 30 days of their arrival.
If your out-of-state license is still valid, you may be exempt from taking the written exam or the driving test. However, if you are under the age of eighteen, you must show proof of completion of a driving training course that meets the criteria of the state of North Carolina.
Complete Documentation of your Vehicle
You will also need the following:
- In the case of used automobiles, the current title and registration are required. If a lienholder holds the title, you will be required to submit a photocopy of the title held by the lienholder and a letter from the foreign Department of Motor Vehicles to prove ownership.
- If your vehicle needs to pass an emissions test in North Carolina, you will receive certification it has passed.
- If your car is less than ten years old, you will need your odometer reading.
- Payment of licensing fees and taxes must be made in cash or check.
If you are looking for affordable car insurance in North Carolina, we have worked hard to make vehicle insurance coverage as simple as possible and also offer 24/7 customer service.